Options for the various platforms
Submitted apps should be able to run as of:
- Android Version >= 2.3.x
- Apple iOS Version >= 6.x
- Android: various models
- Apple iOS: iPad2
Submission of published apps
Published apps via the usual marketplaces
- Android: Google Play Store
- Apple iOS: App Store
Submission of unpublished apps
Android developers submit their apps directly with their application form in the appropriate online form in zipped *.apk format.
IOS (Over the air beta Distribution)
- iOS developers submit their apps with Ad Hoc Distribution via TestFlight
- Sign up with TestFlight as a developer and send an invitation to app-art-award(at)zkm.de
- You will receive the UDIDs of the testing devices. Include these UDIDs in your Ad Hoc Distribution Provisioning Profile.
- Create an archive of your app signed with this profile, and send it off via TestFlight. For further information go to: testflightapp.com. To ensure that the apps can be presented in an exhibition by the ZKM | Karlsruhe, the Ad Hoc Distribution Profile used for signing has to be valid for one year.
- UDIDs of all testing devices:
more UDIDs coming soon
- Alternatively, using the UDIDs you can send a link that will download an ipa file.
Online entries can be submitted as of March 11, 2013 by application form.